*These are general guidelines. If you have trouble, you may want to call the reference desk at (415) 389-4292 x4740 and ask about our Book a Librarian service, check out 3M’s support page (www.3m.com/us/library/eBook/support) or come into the library for our Fear-Not Fridays tech help on Fridays from 4-5pm in the Creekside Room!
First Time Users:
- Install the 3M Cloud Library app from your device’s app store (Apple store for iOS devices or Google Play Store for android devices). If you’re using a PC, a Nook, or a Mac computer, download the appropriate app from 3M Cloud Library (www.3m.com/us/library/eBook/). All of the apps are free!
- Follow the prompts–you will need your library card # and your pin #.
- Search the library catalog for an ebook (on the left-hand side of the catalog, you should see a refine facet for “eBook” which, when selected, will limit your results to display only ebooks.)
- Find a book and select Check Out with 3M.
- Enter your library card # and pin. You will see confirmation page that your ebook has downloaded successfully to your 3M Cloud Library. Open your app to start reading!
For Returning Users Who Have Installed the 3M Cloud Library App:
- Search directly through your app, check out, and enjoy!