*These are general guidelines. If you’re having trouble, you may want to check Axis 360′s help page, call the Reference Desk at (415) 389-4292 x4740 to set up a Book a Librarian appointment or come into the Library with your device for our Digital Drop-Ins, which take place every Wednesday from 12-1pm.
- Start at the Axis 360 website.
- Choose the App Zone tab on the upper left of the page.
- Select the appropriate app for your device or computer. The Blio app will work on just about every device, and is relatively easy to use. If you want to listen to audiobooks, you will need to download the Acoustik app from the Apple store for iOS users or the Google Play store for android users.
- Follow the prompts to download the app of your choice.
- Find a title that you would like to checkout and click on the cover. When the book details appear, look on the right-hand side under Format and choose the appropriate format for your app (if you have the Blio app, select the B, otherwise choose the E for Adobe Digital Editions. For audiobooks, select the A for Acoustik.)
- Select checkout or place on hold (if the item is checked out).
- Enter your library card # and your pin #.
- You may be required to sign into your app (unless you have chosen the “remember me” feature, in which case, you will just have to confirm the stored login info) with your email and password.
- You will receive a message telling you that you have successfully downloaded the book. Go to your app, click on the cover of the new book, and begin reading/listening!