*These are general guidelines. If you have trouble with Zinio, you can check out Zinio’s help page, call the reference desk at (415) 389-4292 x4740 to set up a Book a Librarian appointment, or bring your device to our Digital Drop-Ins, every Wednesday from 12-1pm at the Library.
Note: For Zinio, you will need to create 2 accounts: one with our Library’s MARINet Zinio collection, and one directly with Zinio. For simplicity, you may use the same email and password for both accounts.
If you are reading the magazines on your computer, you will need Adobe Flash Player (the Zinio app has a built-in flash player).
- Start at the Zinio homepage.
- Click on Create New Account. Follow the prompts to create your account. (This is your library Zinio account.)
- Search for a magazine, click on the cover, and select Checkout.
- Once you have checked out the magazine, you will be prompted to create a personal Zinio account. Click on Create Account and use the same information as you did previously. If you do not want to receive advertising from Zinio, uncheck the box at the bottom which says “sign me up for emails…”
- You will be taken to your Zinio Reader. From there, you can click on the cover of the magazine you wish to read, and you’re all set!
- To read a magazine on your mobile device, start at the MARINet Zinio homepage and select the appropriate app from the options at the bottom of the page. Follow the directions to download the free app. You will still need to log in to the Zinio homepage with your library Zinio account in order to check out magazines.
- Start at the MARINet Zinio homepage.
- Log in with your library Zinio account.
- Search for the magazine you want, and check it out. You may be required to log in again.
- Click on the Your Library tab, and a viewer will open up. Alternatively, you can log into your Zinio app by using your personal Zinio account.
Important: while you can download and read magazines on your Zinio app, you must still navigate to the MARINet Zinio homepage to check out free magazines.