*These are general guidelines. If you have trouble with Zinio, you can check out Zinio’s help page, call the reference desk at (415) 389-4292 x4740 to set up a Book a Librarian appointment, or bring your device to our Fear-Not Fridays, every Friday from 4-5pm in the Creekside Room.
If you are reading the magazines on your computer, you will need Adobe Flash Player (the Zinio app has a built-in flash player).
- Start at the Zinio homepage.
- Click on Create New Account and follow the prompts. If you do not want to receive advertising from Zinio, uncheck the box at the bottom which says “sign me up for emails…”
- Search for a magazine, click on the cover, and select Checkout.
- You will be taken to your Zinio Reader. From there, you can click on the cover of the magazine you wish to read, and you’re all set!
- To read a magazine on your mobile device, go to your App store (Google Play for Android devices; Apple Store for Apple devices) and download the Zinio for Libraries app. (Note: the app does not currently work with iPhones. Also, use the regular Zinio App if you have a paid subscription.)
- Open the new app, select Login and enter the account info you created in the above steps.
- Select United States, then California, then MARINET as your affiliated library. You will be taken to your Zinio library on the new app.
- Start at the MARINet Zinio homepage. (http://www.millvalleylibrary.net/elibrary/zinio/)
- Log in with your library Zinio account.
- Search for the magazine you want, and check it out. You may be required to log in again.
- Click on the Your Library tab, and a viewer will open up or log into your Zinio for Libraries app by using your Zinio account.
Important: while you can download and read magazines on your Zinio app, you must still navigate to the MARINet Zinio homepage to check out free magazines.