This summer we want you to Choose Your Own Adventure! Unlike during the school year, this is your chance to read whatever interests you and earn the chance to win prizes while doing it. To participate, follow the instructions below.
- Sign up for the Choose Your Own Adventure program online or at the library*.
- Pick up your Reading Passport at the Library Reference Desk.
- Choose whatever book(s) you want to read (see below for reading suggestions/resources).
- Write the title of each book you read in your Passport to document your summer reading journey.
- Win prizes at our “Final Adventure” party on August 18th in the Outdoor Amphitheater. Awesome prizes include, but are not limited to, gift certificates to Sol Food, Grilly’s, and Book Passage, and a brand new iPad Mini! The more books you read, the more raffle tickets you get, the more chances you have to win! You do not have to be present to win (but there will be Sol Food, a slam poetry performance, and more, so you should probably come).
Need recommendations for good books? We’ve got you covered!
- Check out our reading lists, specially created by Katie and other library staff.
- Find inspiration on our Reading Resources page, which includes links to websites and databases with great book suggestions.
- Want something more personalized? Make an appointment with Katie, and she’ll craft a reading list just for you, based on your interests. You can find her email, phone number, and hours here.
*Open to high school students (including rising freshmen and recent grads) only.